Friday, April 25, 2008

Bedtime

Mom got back from her Mexico cruise today. Dad seemed to want to spend time with her instead of me, so I tormented him by giving him an extra challenge when he tried to sing songs to put me to sleep. So let's see... I rejected the regulars "There Was an Old Lady", "My Darling Clementine", "Puff the Magic Dragon", "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain", "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" and "Dashing through the Snow" (year-round songs), and "Take Me out to the Ballgame" as well as the less common "Row Row Row Your Boat", "Frere Jacques", "Rock a Bye Baby", "God Bless America", "The Bear Went Over the Mountain", and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". A simple "no" gets my point across to dad.

I let him do "EIEIO" (Old McDonald Had A Farm) only because we never miss a night of "EIEIO" and I participate extensively, and today I permitted "Farmer in the Dell" and "Skip to My Lou" only because I wanted to show dad that I know most of the words.

I finally let him put me to sleep after his new rendition of "She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain" in which the first half of each verse is sung ten times slower than normal and the second half of each verse is sung ten times faster. I felt he needed a bit of reward for his efforts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home